What is the Virtual Gateway and how do I register?
The Medical Use of Marijuana Online System exists within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services’ Virtual Gateway. You must first create your Virtual Gateway account in order to register with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program.
- Registering for the First Time: After receiving a clinician certification you may register online by visiting the Virtual Gateway to Setup your Account: https://sso.hhs.state.ma.us/VGPortal/faces/SelfReg.jspx
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and click “I Accept.”
- Select Medical Use of Marijuana System as the Service Name.
- Enter your first name, (middle initial is optional), last name, create your own 4 digit pin, birth date (month/day), e-mail address, and complete the security question.
- Press Submit. You will then receive an e-mail from Gateway, Virtual (EHS) <email@example.com> titled, "Your Virtual Gateway Account”
- Open the e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org titled, "Your Virtual Gateway Account” and click the link inside to complete your Virtual Gateway account setup. (The link expires 7 days from when it is sent)
- Review that all of your account information on the page is correct
- Create a password: Between 8 and 16 characters. Your password must contain at least one uppercase character, at least one lowercase character, and at least one number. (Passwords cannot contain: the words "test", "password", or "pass", your first name, your last name, or your full name, your virtual gateway username, your email address.)
- Choose two of the six secret questions and provide answers. These answers are to help you regain control of your account if you lose or forget your password. (Questions include, “What is your favorite song?, What is your favorite drink? What is your favorite food? What is your favorite animal?”)
- Press Submit. Your username will appear on a Congratulations page. You will also receive your username in an e-mail from “Gateway, Virtual (EHS) <email@example.com>” titled “Congratulations on Creating Your Virtual Gateway Account!"