Mass DPH MMJ Registration Open
On Oct 8th, the Mass DPH announced that the The Medical Use of Marijuana Online System (MMJ Online System) is now available for Patient and Caregiver registrations. Unless you register with the state prior to Feb. 1st, 2015, your written recommendations will become invalid.
In a nutshell, it goes something like this......................
Your doctor MUST first register with the States MMJ System.
As a Patient
- Once the doctor is registered, your records are input into the system.
- After your Doctor adds your record to the MMJ System, you will receive a registration number
- Once you receive your registration number, you can begin to start the registration process as a patient.
- After you are approved, you will receive your state issued MMJ Card.
As a Caregiver
- A patient registration number is not required to register as a Caregiver.
- You can begin the Caregiver registration process at any time.
- After you complete the Caregiver registration process, you will be given a Caregiver registration number.
- At this point, you are still not a registered Caregiver.
- You will need to give your Caregiver registration number to your 1 patient.
- The patient will then go to the MMJ Online System and add your Caregiver Registration number to designate you as their Caregiver.
- Once this process has completed and been approved, you will receive your state issued Caregiver Registration Card.
This is an extremely simplified outline. You can find all the step by step registration instructions on the Mass DPH website.